Wednesday 22 February 2012

Saving reduces rage

Yesterday and today I've been working on getting my game to be able to save, and have two different slots that the user can choose to save to. I've played far too many games that only allow one save slot so I made sure to have at least two save slots. This allows for people to either save to different files and save, experiment then reload an old save, or for two people to play on the same computer and have their own save data.  I made the save slots into brains floating in a jar because it follows the zombie theme and you're saving your data to a 'brain' :D

It didn't give me too much trouble however it did take a lot of lines of code to get it working and to save all the data. This will only grow though as more and more variables are needed to keep track of what the person has done and where they currently are.
 I'm basically on track for my project, I've just started on the player movement, and don't think I'll have to put too much time this weekend into this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment