Tuesday 28 February 2012

Walking can be frusterating

Today was a snow day and that can only mean one thing, lots of time for working on my self directed. I came over to the school at 12:30 and finished working at 6:30, in that time a was able to get my person to walk around the screen without being able to walk outside the bounds. I also got my first parent so that the student can walk over and talk to them, I've only gotten as far as the first conversation and accepting the first quest but I'm happy. The way I'm trying to build the code allows for things like the current room, npc and student that you're playing to be stored in a variable, allowing for a lot of the code to be used for all the rooms and parent/other student interaction, cutting back on the time it will take to add each room.

One major problem I was running into was getting the student you're playing as to walk where you click, while maintaining a reasonable speed. I ended up having to start a new test file to figure out what I needed, then copy it over to my main file and use the same structure but different variable names.

I'm really happy with how this is coming along and I can't wait to work on it more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment