Monday 9 April 2012

And the fights just keep getting better

So combat is moving along at a good pace, tomorrow should really be an interesting day. I was able to fix a bug so that all the weapons work for attacking the zombies. I also fixed an issue with the zombies blood, it was going out of sight when the zombie still had a few hp left. The problem was that the blood extended far enough past the bottom of the heart, so when the hp was at 1 or 2, it was just below the mask that was hiding the blood. I just had to go in and make the blood a little smaller and move it up some.

I got the experience bar at the top working, it adds the total experience that the player is going to get during a battle, filling the syringe up as more experience is gained. When the user is finished the battle, it fills up the rest of the way and injects the experience into the heart, I still have to clean up the animation a little and make it fill up quicker. I fill up the syringe using a timer event so I just have to shorten the delay on the timer.



One of the final things I was able to get working tonight was the button for eating your foodstuffs. When pressed it checks to see if the player has any foodstuffs left and if they do it plays the eating animation, then fills up their heart and restores all of their hp. When it's clicked all the event listeners are also removed for the weapon selection, and the two selection fingers are still moved.

Lastly I added some blood effects to the zombies attacks along with the zombie students death animations, this was done with frame by frame and the onion skin. I also got the blade and blunt weapons for the player to show blood, but the guns aren't working yet.  Tomorrow I'll be aiming to add in some smoke cover for when a new chibi appears, fix up the experience bar so that it's fully working, add in place that shows your level and an animation for leveling up. If I have time I'd also like to work some on the zombie AI so that it chooses it's attacks more randomly and that it's stats are a little more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment