Monday 6 August 2012

New Game's a Load of Rubbish

Over the past few weeks I've slowly been starting on creating a new game, it's about a living trashbag and how it just wants to give other trashbags the gift of life! I've done some rough concept art and have also gotten about half of the menu working. Something that I'm doing differently with this game which I feel with help quite a bit is having most items have their own class. An example of is my general button class, I save myself a lot of lines by having the button set itself up after first creating it, then calling one function called startThis, it takes the x/y positions, the name of the button I want and the current movieclip that the button will be placed in. I have all the event listeners all set up by themselves for state changes and the only event I'm listening for is a custom event for when it's clicked. I hope to update this as I get more completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment