Wednesday 5 September 2012

Isn't Jumping Fun??

Today I worked some on the gravity levels, max fall speed and base jump power for the rubbish, I was finding that you couldn't jump high enough, and then you seemed to just float down. So after some tweaking I was able to find a level where there is still lots of room for upgrading your jump power but you still are able to go quite a lot higher. I also added in the functionality to the down button which allows the rubbish to descend rapidly from the air, faster then the max fall speed would normally allow, in case they need to hit a rat or grab a garbage that's below them. I think that I'm going to make an upgrade that allows you to do this instead of allowing the rubbish to do it from the start of the game.

I also added in a very basic cart which only appears after level 7. So far all it does is spawn on the right side, roll across the screen then kill itself once it's off the left side of the screen, however I plan on making it so if your rubbish gets hit by the side of the cart they take 1-2 damage. I was also thinking of allowing the player to bounce off the top of the cart if they are currently falling, this would add more strategy to the game along with extending the amount of time a player can stay up in the air, however they wouldn't get their jumps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment